Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: problem or setting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    problem or setting

    here is what I'm seeing. For some reason the site runs like I'm on dial-up. So I may come on here and just check the non-sports forum because of the time it takes to go from place to place on here. Well, even the sports forum gets marked as read although I didn't visit it.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: problem or setting

    I don't have any of these problems. And as I have said before, it runs very, very quick for me. My problem is there isn't much action going on, hopefully the world will get out soon and everybody will find their way back here.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: problem or setting

    I just had to time it because I wondered how slow it was. so here is what happened with the stopwatch. from the time I clicked on the thread title till the time it brought me in thread was a grand total of 19 seconds. Yes, I'm on DSL too and I don't have this kind of lag time with any other site I visit. any suggestions on my setting for this board because like I said, none of the other boards I visit has this kind of lag time. You can see why I might only visit one forum per visit and I don't just check out any and all thread if it is going to take 20 seconds to get into and out of each thread.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: problem or setting

    I'm on DSL too. From the time I click on a thread until it opens is about 1 second. Don't know what's happening on your end.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: problem or setting

    Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I just had to time it because I wondered how slow it was. so here is what happened with the stopwatch. from the time I clicked on the thread title till the time it brought me in thread was a grand total of 19 seconds. Yes, I'm on DSL too and I don't have this kind of lag time with any other site I visit. any suggestions on my setting for this board because like I said, none of the other boards I visit has this kind of lag time. You can see why I might only visit one forum per visit and I don't just check out any and all thread if it is going to take 20 seconds to get into and out of each thread.
    Man that is hard to tell, I too have Verizon DSL and I am a total of 40 yards from your front door and I am not having any issue whatsoever. Wish I could help but I don't know what it could be.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: problem or setting

    I thought i'd give something a try. seems that the IE i'm using is the problem. when I switched to a google browser things run much, MUCH faster
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: problem or setting

    Admins are everywhere

    Clear out your browsers cache and cookies. Make sure your LAN settings have " automaticaly detect settings" as unchecked. Also can try entering Hostboard in to your trustes sites but make sure you uncheck the HTTPS requirement.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •